*NEW* Accounting Clerk - Archdiocese of St. Boniface
This is a permanent, part-time position
- Manage accounts payable
- Review invoices for accuracy;
- Obtain necessary approvals;
- Code invoices to correct general ledger account(s);
- Enter invoices into Sage 300;
- Print cheques in a timely manner, in accordance with supplier conditions;
- Respond to enquiries from suppliers and staff regarding payments and reimbursements;
- Maintain good relations with internal and external suppliers.
- Manage accounts receivable
- Process daily and monthly customer invoicing;
- Send statements to customers with overdue accounts;
- Follow-up overdue accounts greater than 30 days with emails, phone calls;
- Communicate effectively and answer customers’ questions;
- Maintain good relations with internal and external customers.
- Weekly deposit processing
- Enter cheques and cash in Sage300;
- Create deposit slip;
- Photocopy each cheque received;
- Bring deposit(s) to bank;
- File the deposit supporting documentation;
- Provide accounting and administrative assistance to the Accounting Department;
- Carry out any other related tasks assigned by superior;
- Knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping procedures;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and accounting software, or specifically Sage300 would be an asset;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Good knowledge of French and English, spoken and written.
THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST.
- Good organizational skills, autonomous and responsible;
- Good analytical and communication skills;
- Good team spirit.
Start date: as soon as possible
Please apply by sending your cover letter and curriculum vitae to Gisèle Gratton, Financial Administrator, at email@example.com. Please indicate “Employment Application – Accounting Clerk” in the subject line. All information received will be treated confidentially, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Roman Catholic Archdiocesan Corporation of St. Boniface
151 ave de la Cathedrale, Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Archdiocese of St. Boniface was erected in 1820 as the Episcopal District of Red River and later took its official place as a diocese. Today the Archdiocese serves some 87 parishes and chapels. The Diocesan Centre has approximately 31 employees at the service of parishes.
*NEW* Christ the King School – Part-time Office Assistant
(Up to 15 hours per week)
• Relevant post-secondary education or equivalent
• Minimum two years’ experience in related field
• Ability to work cooperatively as a team member
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A demonstrated ability to establish rapport with students, staff and parents
• Effective word processing skills, ideally 50 wpm minimum
• Microsoft Office and technology experience applicable to an office environment
(including Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Trevlac, etc.)
• Ability to prioritize work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
• A demonstrated knowledge and practice of the Catholic faith
• Ability to care for sick or injured students
• First Aid and CPR
• Ability to do lunch supervision (indoor and outdoor) as required
Child Abuse Registry Check and Criminal Record Check documents will be required
prior to commencement of employment.
Interested applicants should forward a resume, including three references (two
professional and one from your pastor) by September 29, 2023 to:
Mrs. Laura Carreiro, Principal
12 Lennox Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R2M 1A6
Phone: (204) 257-0027 ext. 201
Only those who are being considered will be contacted.
*NEW* Executive Director – Canadian Catholic School Trustees’ Association
(Effective Date: January, 2024)
The Canadian Catholic School Trustees’ Association (CCSTA) is the national voice for Catholic school trustees from across Canada, with the head office located in Ottawa, Ontario. The Executive Director, reporting to the President, serves in a .5 position, with the office staff consisting of the Executive Director, Executive Assistant and Communications Officer.
CCSTA is seeking an authentic Catholic leader with a wide range of administrative experience in Catholic education. The successful applicant will be a person of deep faith with a strong commitment to the mission and purpose of Catholic education.
Exemplary written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential to the position. A solid understanding of the operations of school boards, trustees and political organizations is necessary. Proficiency in English and French is an asset.
Please click here to view the job description.
Interested candidates should include the following in their application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three professional references
- One current pastoral reference
- A one-page Philosophy of Catholic Education statement
Applications will be accepted until no later than
Monday, September 25, 2023, and can be submitted by email:
Teresita Chiarella, President
Canadian Catholic School Trustees’ Association
*NEW* Lakeland Roman Catholic Separate School Division – Superintendent of Schools/CEO
Lakeland Catholic Schools enrolls approximately 2,800 students in 8 schools in the communities of Bonnyville, Cold Lake, Lac La Biche and Waskatenau. Programming is provided from Pre-K through Grade 12 in English and French Immersion. In addition, the Division serves the programming needs of a significant number of English as an additional language students and an institutional school in Cold Lake.
The Candidate - A practicing, faith-filled Catholic is required to lead this progressive Division; to implement the Division’s mission and priorities and to provide strong, innovative leadership in a team-oriented setting. An ability to effectively communicate and to work easily and productively with the Board, staff, parents, education partners, the parishes and the community is essential. A servant leader who is student focused will find this an exciting opportunity.
The successful candidate must qualify for Alberta teaching certification, a Superintendent Leadership Quality Standard certificate, hold a Master’s degree in education or a related area, and have broad-based leadership experience, with preference for leadership experience in a Catholic school division, at either the principal or school system level.
More Information www.lrcssd.ca
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Applications received prior to September 30, 2023 are assured careful consideration. Applications Email by September 30, 2023, a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a list of at least five educational references plus one current pastoral reference in a single PDF file to: Mr. Terry Gunderson Alberta School Boards Association E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 780.995-3306
For a complete position description, click here