Coat of Arms of the Archdiocese of Saint Boniface
The Golden crest signifies the prairies at harvest; the tent represents the nomadic peoples of the region; the Cross above the winding Red River recalls Fathers Provencher and Dumoulin’s arrival in 1818.
The Bishop’s mitre indicates that in 1822 Joseph Norbert Provencher was appointed Bishop, and that in 1847 Saint Boniface became a Diocese. The Archbishop’s pallium, at the base of the coat of arms, means that Saint Boniface is a Metropolitan See since 1871.
On the scroll, is Bishop Provencher’s motto, a continuing source of hope for our time:
Pinguescent speciosa deserti
The meadows of the wilderness overflow
(Ps 64 : 12)
- Archdiocesan Centre
- Organizational structure of the Archdiocese
- Archbishop's Parish Pastoral Visit
- Official Diocesan Logo 2017
- St. Boniface Heritage Garden
- Life of Saint Boniface
- Coat of Arms
- The Archbishop's Residence - A Brief History
- Our Numbers