Summer Chapels 2022 (revised)
We are pleased to reopen most of our summer chapels this season. Please see below to know the dates at which different chapels will open, as well as mass times.
To know the mass times in parishes located near campgrounds and in cottage country, click here.
*Please note that when a priest is not available, the community gathers to celebrate a Liturgy of the Word presided by a deacon. There will be communion.
Falcon Lake: Until September 4th, mass* will be celebrated every Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
West Hawk Lake: Until September 4th, mass* will be celebrated every Sunday at 9 a.m.
Barrier Bay: Unfortunately, Our Lady of the Whiteshell Chapel will be closed all season due to flooding.
Jessica Lake: Unfortunately, the St. Christopher Chapel will be closed for the season due to flooding.
Lake Winnipeg Area
Until September 4th, Mass will be celebrated (in French) every Sunday at 10 a.m.
Grand Beach / Grand Marais: Technically not a summer chapel, St. Theresa of the Child Jesus is a small parish attended by many cottagers and visitors during the summer months. Mass* is celebrated every Sunday at 10 a.m. Until October 8th, there will also be a Saturday evening mass* at 5 p.m.
Traverse Bay: Sainte Marguerite is a parish located in cottage country. Starting on May 22nd and until at least September 4th (and possibly later), mass* will be celebrated on Sunday at 11:30 a.m. From July 2nd to September 3rd, there will also be a 7:30 p.m. Saturday mass*.
- Meet Our Archbishop
- Our Archdiocese
- Archdiocesan Centre
- Our Numbers
- Organizational structure of the Archdiocese
- Archbishop's Parish Pastoral Visit
- Official Diocesan Logo 2017
- St. Boniface Heritage Garden
- Life of Saint Boniface
- Coat of Arms
- The Archbishop's Residence - A Brief History
- Administration & Finances
- Marriage Tribunal
- Diocesan Services
- Pastoral Services
- Spiritual and Pastoral Renewal
- Marriage, Family & Life
- Youth & Young Adult Ministry
- Renewal & Growth of Parish Pastoral Councils
- Interchurch and Interfaith Learning
- First Nations Ministry
- Social Justice
- Refugee Sponsorship
- Missionary Efforts
- Ministry of Care
- Ministry of Care
- Ministry of Care - End of Life Resources
- Ministry of Care - Eucharistic Ministry
- Ministry of Care - Formation and Training
- Ministry of Care - Grief Support Resources
- Ministry of Care - Healthy Aging, Elder Support and Dementia Care
- Ministry of Care - Mental Health Support
- Ministry of Care - News
- Ministry of Care - Self-Care Resources
- Households of Faith
- Faith Education
- Becoming Catholic
- Catholic Schools
- 2021 Diocesan Study Day
- Safe Church Environment
- Report Abuse
- Safe Church Environment: Protecting Children & the Vulnerable - Introduction
- Diocesan Protocol
- Code of Conduct for Clergy
- Dealing with Allegations of Sexual Abuse
- Diocesan Victims' Care Committee
- Sexual Harassment MB Human Rights Commission
- Summary - Dealing with Sexual Abuse
- Diocesan Protocol - Complete PDF
- Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)
- How to Apply for Information Checks
- Safe Environment Coordinator
- CCCB New Document, October 2018: Protection of Minors
- The Church's Response
- Summer Chapels