RURAL - Criminal/Police Information Checks
Application Process for Disclosure of Criminal Background Check
- Go in person to the nearest RCMP detachement
- a letter (not required for employees), on parish letterhead, from the pastor outlining your ministry and the reason for the background check,
- two pieces of ID (ex. Driver's License, Birth Certificate, Passport),
- AND Social Insurance Number.
- Fees vary from RCMP detachment to detachment but will be approximately:
- $10.00 for criminal background checks,
- $60.50 for fingerprinting (if required),
- in some detachments ALL fees are waived for volunteers.
- When applying, be sure to ask for both a Criminal Background Check AND a Vulnerable Sector Check.
*You may be asked to provide a Money Order or Certified Cheque payable to 'Receiver General of Canada.'
Click on icon to view sample form.
Forms CANNOT be filled out and submitted on line.