RURAL - Criminal/Police Information Checks
Application Process for Disclosure of Criminal Background Check
- Go in person to the nearest RCMP detachement
- a letter (not required for employees), on parish letterhead, from the pastor outlining your ministry and the reason for the background check,
- two pieces of ID (ex. Driver's License, Birth Certificate, Passport),
- AND Social Insurance Number.
- Fees vary from RCMP detachment to detachment but will be approximately:
- $10.00 for criminal background checks,
- $60.50 for fingerprinting (if required),
- in some detachments ALL fees are waived for volunteers.
- When applying, be sure to ask for both a Criminal Background Check AND a Vulnerable Sector Check.
*You may be asked to provide a Money Order or Certified Cheque payable to 'Receiver General of Canada.'
Click on icon to view sample form.
Forms CANNOT be filled out and submitted on line.
For any allegations of abuse against a cleric, victims or others are encouraged to call: