NEWS & ACTIVITIES
Welcome to the 'News & Activities' webpage of the Office of Marriage, Family & Life at the Archdiocese of Saint Boniface!
Visit this page often for news and updates on upcoming events & activities for couples and families of the Archdiocese of St. Boniface and elsewhere in Manitoba.
FERTILITY HEALTH AWARENESS SEMINAR
The Marriage, Family and Life Service of the Archdiocese of Saint Boniface is pleased to offer a Free, Fertility Health Awareness Seminar, with sessions in the Spring & Fall.
This seminar gives couples and individuals the opportunity to discover Natural Family Planning (NFP) & to find a method that fits their needs. Attendees will receive certified teaching on one of the following methods of NFP/Fertility Care:
Click on the methods below to find out more about each NFP/Fertility Care Method.
There is no cost to participate, however registration is required!
** Please note, that the Fertility Health Awareness seminar is an introductory session, and the class will aim to teach the basics and background on the method. Further classes, and the purchase of materials or resources may be necessary (at a cost) for those interested in fully learning a method.
Fall Session 2023 (Online)
November 8, 2023 (6:30-9:00 pm)
Registration deadline: Oct. 30, 2023
November 16, 2023 (6:30-9:00 pm)
Creighton & NaPro Method
Registration deadline: Nov. 6, 2023
For more information:
“Love Never Ends” Marriage Enrichment Mini Sessions offered by Worldwide Marriage Encounter
In partnership with the Office of Marriage, Family and Life of the Archdiocese of St. Boniface, The Worldwide Marriage Encounter movement in Winnipeg, will be offering a series of marriage enrichments across parishes from September - December 2023. The main theme of the enrichments will be “Love Never Ends”, with half-day or evening options for these life-giving sessions. Each mini enrichment will have a specific focus, for example: Communicating Intimately, Listening in A New Way, and Discovering God’s Desire for our Marriage. Come to enrich and deepen your love for each other as a Catholic/Christian couple. For more information, or if you would like to have one of these enrichments at your parish, please contact Marie Brunet at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-594-0274.
MARRIAGE, FAMILY & LIFE TEAMS
Do you have an interest in supporting strong Marriages, nurturing Families and promoting Life from conception to natural death?
What is a Marriage, Family and Life Team (MFL team)?
- A Parish MFL team helps support and strengthen couples and families by offering programs and resources that foster an authentically Catholic vision of marriage, family, and the dignity of life at the Parish level, for the Parish Community.
- A Parish MFL team works with the support and guidance of the Archdiocese of Saint Boniface Marriage, Family & Life Service, along with the Parish priest or Parish Life Director.
- Each MFL team looks unique, as each is built to meet the needs of it’s own parish community. One of the wonderful things about having a team in your parish, is that it’s a great way to connect with others in your parish who have similar interests and goals!
- The Archdiocese of Saint Boniface Marriage, Family & Life Service can help support the formation of a new team, to help you get started, and to connect you with resources and other teams in the diocese.
Printable Package on MFL TEAMS
HOW CAN YOU FORM a MARRIAGE, FAMILY & LIFE TEAM IN YOUR PARISH?
- Print the brochure and share with your pastor & others who may have a heart for building up strong marriages, nurturing families and promoting life in your church.
- If you are interested in creating a team in your parish, would like more information or to have us come do a presentation at your church, please contact:
Family & Life Sectors
151 De la Cathedrale Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R2H 0H6