Diocesan Celebration of our Multicultural Diversity – Friday, July 1, 2016
Archbishop Albert LeGatt and the Missions Diocesan Committee are pleased to invite you to a Diocesan Celebration of our Multicultural Diversity, Friday, July 1st, at the St. Boniface Cathedral from 10:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Bishop LeGatt will celebrate Mass at 10:30 AM where every cultural group will contribute according to its customs. Mass will be followed by multicultural activities (songs, dances, etc.) in front of the Cathedral. Come one, come all, and rejoice with your friends. Bring your picnic lunch. You will also have the opportunity to sample dishes of other cultural groups. For more information: Sr Anne Adounkpe,fmm : firstname.lastname@example.org. View poster.
My name is John Ferrer and I am a member of the Saint Boniface Missions Committee (Pontifical Missions Society). I left for Jamaica with a group of 10 people for a humanitarian mission experience from January 7th – 21st, 2015.
It was, for me, an uplifting life event, filled with meetings and joy, but also the sad reality of poverty.
During this mission, we visited health clinics, we met destitute parishioners…, but our main goal was to build a large hall beside the church to serve as a meeting place and soup kitchen… This building is located at Buff Bay, 30 minutes from Port Antonio. I went through a whole range of emotions: joy, pain, anger, suffering, indignation… Despite all that, I cherish wonderful memories of this experience, my first humanitarian mission in a country I did not know.
In conclusion, I want to thank the 6 priests: 2 Canadians, 2 French, 1 American and 1 Dutch, for their warm welcome.
Thanks to this opportunity, I have become more aware of the admirable generosity of those missionaries who leave all behind to work with and serve others. I was filled with wonder... and so deeply moved by this edifying time in my life.
Bravo and many thanks to them all.
All the best,
Getting Ready for a Mission Trip
Students from three Catholic schools - St. Paul's High School,St. Mary's Academy and St. Boniface Diocesan High School fled to Holy Family Parish for a day filled with activities before they all take off for a Mission trip to El Salvador in July 2015. Read more.
THE PONTIFICAL MISSION SOCIETIES (PMS)
Description of the Service
The objective of the Committee / Diocesan Commission for the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) is to work together with the PMS’s Head Office, to make known the PMS’s three main societies (Society of St. Peter the Apostle, Society for the Propagation of the Faith, and the Holy Childhood Association) and to encourage the parishes in the Archdiocese to develop local missionary projects that back one of the PMS’ three societies. Visit the PMS website
- Missionary Send-off: once a year.
In general, this celebration takes place in the Saint Boniface Cathedral during late November or early December. The purpose of this event is to bring together, celebrate and encourage all the groups and individuals preparing to head out to a developing country, to undertake missionary or humanitarian work.
- World-wide collection for the Society for the Propagation of the Faith: third Sunday in October; inform parishes and invite the faithful to participate in this Mission Sunday collection.
- Parishes are asked to invite children to visit the Missionary Childhood web site - http://www.hcakids.org/ : Twice a year (Fall and Spring).
- Participation in national workshops: twice a year.
- Encourage participation in the Missionary Congress of the Americas (CAM) : once every 4 years.
- Encourage the parishes in the Archdiocese to develop on or more local missionary project(s) that back one of the PMS’ three main societies.
- Collaborate with those responsible for Catechesis in order to incorporate certain aspects and activities of the Missionary Childhood Society.
- Make known the various missionary excursions that take place during the year.
Diocesan Committe for Missions
Chair: Sr. Anne Adounkpe, FMM
Vice-Chair: Robert Leclair
Sr. Corinne Chartier, SNJM
Fr. Gérard Dionne
Services to Parishes & Communities
- Pastoral Services
- Marriage, Family & Life
- Youth & Young Adult Ministry
- Renewal & Growth of Parish Pastoral Councils
- Interchurch and Interfaith Learning
- First Nations Ministry
- Social Justice
- Refugee Sponsorship
- Missionary Efforts
- Ministry of Care
- Ministry of Care
- Ministry of Care - End of Life Resources
- Ministry of Care - Eucharistic Ministry
- Ministry of Care - Formation and Training
- Ministry of Care - Grief Support Resources
- Ministry of Care - Healthy Aging, Elder Support and Dementia Care
- Ministry of Care - Mental Health Support
- Ministry of Care - News
- Ministry of Care - Self-Care Resources
- Nathanael Progam