CCCB New Document, October 2018: Protection of Minors
Click on the cover page to read the document
As of Thursday, October 4, 2018 in Catholic dioceses/eparchies across Canada, Bishops will issue locally the updated and expanded national guidelines for the protection of minors in Canada.
Entitled Protecting Minors from Sexual Abuse: A Call to the Catholic Faithful in Canada for Healing, Reconciliation, and Transformation, this document of the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB) was unanimously adopted by the Bishops of Canada on September 27 during their 2018 annual Plenary Assembly.
Since then, Bishops have taken time to familiarize themselves with its contents and to consider with their diocesan/eparchial staff how to ensure its implementation in their dioceses/eparchies as well as how best to inform and educate clergy, members of religious communities and lay personnel.
Safe Church Environment
- Report Abuse
- Safe Church Environment: Protecting Children & the Vulnerable - Introduction
- Diocesan Protocol
- Code of Conduct for Clergy
- Dealing with Allegations of Sexual Abuse
- Diocesan Victims' Care Committee
- Sexual Harassment MB Human Rights Commission
- Summary - Dealing with Sexual Abuse
- Diocesan Protocol - Complete PDF
- Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)
- How to Apply for Information Checks
- Safe Environment Coordinator
- CCCB New Document, October 2018: Protection of Minors
- The Church's Response