Description of Service
Youth and Young Adult Ministry is meant to serve adolescents (12 to 17) and young adults (18 to 35) found in the Archdiocese of Saint Boniface. This service acknowledges the cultural and spiritual diversity among these Catholic individuals in today’s society. It promotes a universal approach to youth ministry to embrace all. In addition, the ministry encourages the development of strong links between these individuals and their parish community so that a lasting relationship is created. The service also aims to make these adolescents and young adults, young missionary so they can share the goodness of Christ to their peers.
The basic responsibilities of the diocesan youth and young adult ministry service are:
- To sustain the vision and promote pastoral services for youth and young adults in the parishes, the community and when applicable the schools.
- To support parishes that have already established youth groups and those who would like to join them.
- To support parishes in welcoming and engaging young adults within the ministry.
- To offer training sessions to the Youth Ministry leaders along with the necessary resources.
- To organize diocesan gatherings for adolescents and young adults.
- To act as intermediaries between the Archdiocese and existing youth organizations that offer programs and services to young people.
- To establish relationships with regional and national youth ministry and to help set up such a ministry locally.
Discoveries in Youth Ministry
This document, which was prepared in 2014, is based on 53 surveys that were completed and submitted to the Youth Ministry service for the purpose of evaluating the need for a Regional Youth Coordinator in the seven pastoral regions of the Archdiocese of Saint-Boniface.
The surveys also provided insight into the question of Parish Youth Ministry within the Archdiocese of Saint-Boniface.
Click here to view the PDF version of the document and read about all the findings and recommendations that were documented with regards to Youth Ministry in the Archdiocese of St. Boniface.