: Bishops and Archbishops :
Archdiocese of Saint-Boniface
Initially the apostolic vicariate of the North-West, June 4, 1847, it becomes suffragan diocese of Quebec.
Since 1871, it is a metropolitan seat.
Since the foundation in 1818, succession of the bishops and archbishops (* coadjutors)
- Mgr Joseph-Norbert PROVENCHER 1820-1853
- Mgr Alexandre-Antonin TACHÉ, o.m.i. 1853-1894
- * Mgr Vital-Justin GRANDIN, o.m.i. 1857-1871
- Mgr L.-Ph. Adélard LANGEVIN, o.m.i. 1895-1915
- Mrg Arthur BÉLIVEAU 1915-1955
- * Mgr Emile YELLE, p.s.s. 1933-1941
- * Mgr Georges CABANA 1941-1952
- Mgr Maurice BAUDOUX 1955-1974
- Mgr Antoine HACAULT 1974-2000
- Mgr Emilius GOULET, p.s.s. 2001-2009
- Mgr Albert LEGATT, D.D. 2009-